EMPLOYEE TESTS POSITIVE FOR COVID-1930-Jun-2020
On June 29, 2020, a Plumas District Hospital (PDH) employee tested positive for COVID-19.
The employee was asymptomatic during their last shift on Thursday, June 25. Over the weekend the employee noticed loss of taste and upon arriving for their
next scheduled shift, the hospital’s routine screening of the employees reporting to work detected the employee’s symptoms. Immediately, the hospital’s
employee health nurse arranged for testing, relieved the employee from duty and initiated contact tracing.
Using our new rapid results testing equipment, we were able to confirm the positive COVID-19 in approximately eight hours.In the following hours, immediate
close contacts with potential for exposure were identified, contacted and tested. Results for these individuals were negative. Contact tracing determined
that all contacts followed proper guidelines for personal protective equipment (PPE) use.
The positive employee will quarantine in their home, out of county, for 14 days. The employee’s case will be handed off to their local health jurisdiction.
This case is unrelated to the ninth COVID-19 positive announced earlier today by Plumas County Public Health Agency.
The following is in place to ensure that our facility remains safe to visit:
1. All patients/staff are screened before entering buildings
2. Patients/staff are required to mask while inside our facility
3. Redesigned lobbies to facilitate physical distancing.After checking in, patients may wait in their car to prevent overcrowding
4. Separate area to care for patients with respiratory symptoms
5. Increased the use of Video Visits
6. Visitor restrictions
7. Fully implemented rapid results testing equipment
Please do your part to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
1. Wear a face covering while in public
2. Practice physical distancing
3. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
4. Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
5. Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue then throw the tissue in the trash
6. Stay home and avoid travel when possible
To stay informed about what we are doing at Plumas District Hospital follow us on Facebook @PlumasDistrictHospitalPDH