Use Your Smartphone to Connect to Your Provider22-Apr-2020
Patients with a HealtheLife patient portal account can use their Smartphone, Tablet or Laptop to participate in a live-video appointment, called a video visit, with their Plumas District Hospital primary care provider. Video visits allow patients to connect face-to-face in real time without leaving their home. Virtual connections through HealtheLife are secure and HIPAA compliant.
Tools You’ll Need
If you do not have a HealtheLife patient portal account, call your provider's office and they will assist you.
A self-enroll option may be accessed here https://pdh.iqhealth.com/self-enroll/. (Self-enrollment is not an option for patient who have never been seen here).
2. Smartphone, Tablet or Laptop with Webcam with internet or strong wifi signal
3. Speakers or Headphones
Tips for a Successful Video Visit
1. Conduct the video visit in a well-lit room so your provider can see you.
2. Turn off background television or radio noise.
3. Make sure the space is private, so you can discuss personal medical information.
4. Write down any questions for your provider before the visit.
5. Have a paper and pen ready to take notes.
6. If you are using a Smartphone or Tablet, be sure to download the HealtheLife mobile app for Apple iOS or Google Android at least the day before your appointment.
7. If you are using a laptop or desktop, Chrome or Mozilla Firefox (all releases) is recommended.
Apple Safari 12, Apple OS X Yosemite (all releases), or Microsoft Edge (all releases) and Microsoft Internet Explorer are not recommended. If you plan to attend using a desktop browser, click the Test Your Connection link that is displayed in the banner for the scheduled appointment prior to the visit.