Latest Updates: June 4, 2020
If you are in need of healthcare services please, don't delay your care. The following is in place to ensure that our facility is safe to visit:
1. All patients/staff are screened before entering buildings.
2. Patients/staff are required to mask while inside our facility.
3. Redesigned lobby layouts to facilitate physical distancing. After checking in, patients may be asked to wait in their car to prevent overcrowding.
4. Created a separate area to care for patients with respiratory symptoms.
5. Increased the use of Video Visits
Rural Health Clinics
Our rural health clinics are open! Please call us at 530-283-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Plumas District Hospital has reopened elective procedures, including endoscopy services. Patients whose appointments were postponed are being notified
by our staff.
Public entrance into the hospital remains limited to the South Hall (Emergency Department) entrance at this time. While we understand that visits from family, friends and loved ones is important to the healing of our inpatients, to help prevent the spread of respiratory illnesses, Plumas District Hospital will not be accepting visitors. If your family member or friend is hospitalized, we encourage you to telephone them by dialing 530-283-2121 and asking for them by name or room number.
Certain exceptions apply to the following:
- Patients in end-of-life situations (limit 1)
- Birth of baby. One birth support person for labor & delivery (limit 1)
- Minors (under 18). One parent/guardian (limit 1)
- Outpatient procedure/surgery or to assist with ambulation (limit 1)
If there are extenuating circumstances, we will be compassionate in granting exceptions. All visitors must pass a respiratory illness
All diagnostic imaging services have resumed a normal schedule.
The office is providing limited dental procedures, including some dental hygiene services, for established patients Monday - Thursday. Patients who are experiencing a dental EMERGENCY should call 530-283-3915.